I really don’t think I need to waste your time with an introduction to this Homemade Peanut Butter Cup recipe. Chocolate and peanut butter is the ideal combination and these peanut butter cups are so easy to make. With just three ingredients; chocolate chips, peanut butter and coconut oil you can whip these up in just an hour. The coconut oil helps to thin the melted chocolate and using paper cupcake liners gives you the look of a store bought candy.
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
You’ll also need cupcake or muffin paper liners. I tested out both mini liners and the standard size, both worked out well.
- Melt 1 cup of your chocolate. You can use your double boiler for this step but I just tossed the dark chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl, microwaved for 30 seconds then stirred. Repeated until chocolate was smooth.
- Add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil to your chocolate and stir until well blended. If needed place back in the microwave.
- With your chocolate ready, spoon about 1/2 teaspoon into each of your mini paper liners. Once I did this, I swirled the liner around to push the chocolate up the sides of the liner. Place all liners on a tray and freeze for about 10 minutes.
- Once the bottom layer is frozen, remove from freezer. Dollop about 1 teaspoon of peanut butter into each chocolate cup. Place back in the freezer for about 5 minutes.
- While that’s freezing prep your remaining chocolate (repeat steps 1 and 2).
- Remove chocolate cups from freezer and top off each one with your chocolate.
- Freeze for at least 30 minutes to fully set.
- Remove from freezer, peel off paper liner and enjoy! Serve immediately or place in an air tight container in the freezer until ready to serve.