Guys, it’s been hot. You know, that stereotypical humid, sticky, can’t step outside with out sweating, summer in New Jersey hot. You would think since I’ve lived here my whole life I would be prepared, but I never am. It’s as if every year, as I’m flipping the calendar from June to July, beads of sweat start to form on my brow and my hair starts to frizz.
When the temperature outside is in the nineties, I do everything I can to avoid firing up the oven. But I mean…a girl still needs her sweets. So this no-bake chocolate toffee cookie recipe is a no brainer. Besides not needing to turn on the oven, you can whip up these cookies in ten minutes flat! They are so easy to make and I’m guessing you already have most of these pantry staples on hand. This cookie recipe contains oats, almond butter and I even threw some flax seed in there, so they’re healthy right?
- 3 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup toffee bits
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper and set aside.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium sauce pan.
- Cook over medium heat, stir frequently until the chocolate is melted and ingredients are well combined.
- Shape batter into your desired cookie size and place onto prepared baking sheet.
- Top with additional toffee bits and drizzle with melted chocolate.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Recipe has been adapted from the original seen here.